Study programme Bioressourcen-Nutzung (B. Sc.)
The bachelor’s programme in Bioressourcen-Nutzung focuses on wood and other lignocellulosic raw materials, such as bamboo, palm or straw. Theoretical and methodical knowledge of cultivation, processing technologies and functions of the materials or raw materials is imparted. The basis of the training is extensive knowledge of scientific, technological and economic principles. The effects of bioresource use on nature and society are also part of the study programme.
In the first part, an external professional internship provides orientation about potential occupational fields for graduates. The second part serves the practical consolidation of study contents. The internship lasts a total of two months, the standard period of study is six semesters.
Examples of courses are:
- Fundamentals of biology – focus on botany
- Basics of mathematics
- Applied statistics
- Chemical technology of renewable raw materials
- Physical process technology of renewable raw materials
- Introduction to Wood Technology
- Natural sustainability of wood use
- Introductory module Business Administration
For more information and to apply for a place on the course, please visit: