Information about the association
The Bund Deutscher Holzwirte e. V., BDH for short, is the alumni association of the study courses at the University of Hamburg. We also see ourselves as a professional association, so not only alumni but also students are welcome. Interesting detail: since its foundation in 1950, more than three quarters of all woodworkers have joined the association.
The BDH is also the organisation for graduates or students of Bioressourcen-Nutzung (B. Sc.) and Wood Science (M. Sc.) since these courses have replaced Diplom Holzwirtschaft.
With the BDH we want to
- promote the wood industry and the use of other renewable resources through professional exchange and uncomplicated networking
- promote the careers of our members
- inform about the study programmes Bioresourcen-Nutzung (B. Sc.) and Wood Science (M. Sc.)
The aims of the association are brought to life through
- the BDH Academy, where speakers from industry, universities and associations regularly inform and discuss current topics relevant to the sector – among themselves and with participants
- the meetings “Woodworkers in professional life” for professional orientation with graduates who report from their own experience and answer questions
- Get-togethers at large trade fairs (e. g. Holzwirte evening at Ligna) and summer festivals
- Day of the Timber Industry
- the general meeting
- the detailed directory of more than 700 members
- close links to the Association of Austrian Woodworkers (VHÖ) and the Society of Sponsors and Friends of Wood Science in Hamburg e. V. (GFF)
- the Stiftung Holzwirtschaft, which supports, among other things, study and research visits.
The BDH provides news in the form of a classic members’ magazine on paper or electronically via newsletter, LinkedIn and Instagram – for everyone as they like it. In addition to the life of the association, the content also includes news from the industry.
As a registered and non-profit association, the BDH does not pursue any economic interests. You can read all the details in the statutes.
The board team cordially invites you – join in and become a member of the BDH!
Choose service to share the current page.